Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fun random Blog...

I named this several days ago. So I feel like I have to live up to the name. Which is a lot of pressure. It must be random but has to to be fun. I worry that it won't be random. Or fun.

I LIKE FISH TACOS!

Tomorrow is the first day of my student teaching. Can somebody say nervous? I can't. I'm not really feeling anything. I think I'm more concerned with my clothing than the actual being there.





I'm going to be there bright and early. Why? Got me. I just felt like it was the right thing to do. I don't start actually student teaching until the the 13. But I plan tomorrow to come in and get my foot in with a bang. That sentence was really stupid. Damn! I'm not making this fun am I.
What is fun... Clowns!

I have never had an issue with clowns. I'm sorta endeared them cause many people don't like them

I have one section of government and two of English. The English are both juniors, which I haven't had any experience with yet. The government section is all seniors, jaded and disappointed. The teacher of government is a huge guy, looks like he loves football. It has the uncanny effect of making me rather small.

This chart gives a good idea of how I feel standing next to him

BROCOLLI IS COOL! EAT IT!

The biggest fear is finding my teaching style. I want to be fun but I don't want to sacrifice discipline and rules for it. I have high expectations but I worry how to implement them. My favorite teacher was Mr Leland Wayne "Former-Chemical-Engineer-Turn-Badass-Teacher" Tufts. He pushed every student. If I am half the teacher he was, I'll be a good teacher. He'd be like, "Oh, it's ten at night? Well I've help 10,000 students today get math before, during, and after school. Time to write lesson plans to help them again!"
Ok. So not like that. But close. I think.

SNARF!

snarf

1 comment:

K.O. said...

Best blog post? Probably.