Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Life Stuff and Stories

Typically, and as a rule of thumb, I attempt to make my blog interesting to read. That means, I find stories in my life that need to be told or shouldn't be told but are. At other times, I attempt some "kewl" blog: epic trailers etc. Of course, that leaves the blogs that details my life.

Which brings me to this current one you are reading. You have expectations and hopes. You don't want them dashed. You would hate me if those expectations weren't met.
"Enough with the delay! Start your topic!" you shout at me.
Ok. Here it is.
I forgot it.


Seriously. I had a topic in mind. Sat down, ordered some coffee, played some Ecco the Dolphin on my iPod. Then I realized I lost it.


So this has become a update on my life blog.


I have three shifts left at Hastings. HALLELUJAH! It has been four and a half years at this job. I started back in January of 2007. When I started, there was a different store manager and a whole different set of department manager. Now, I'm not known as the new guy but Ol Reliable. Or MadDog. Take your pick. Some would tell me that it should be bitter sweet. But the truth as I see it is that it is time to move on and Hastings was just a stepping stone to bigger and better.


All this takes me to the reason why. I've been waiting for this forever and now the time is upon us all. Nay. You don't need to repent or do anything like that. Emmy and I finally going to end our long distance relationship as in we are moving in together. We will be living in Washington DC in our own little apartment. The tenth of August is the day I leave the West and journey east. In the three day trip, Ellie and I will bond.



My new home isn't in this view.


We're both excited in so many ways. Emmy and I have been preparing and packing for the past couple weeks ever since it was finalized. Her job was made permanent on June 20, so now she is a
responsibility champion. She even has a trophy that says it. Proofed!


As we plan the move, I continue to work on my novel. It is roughly 300 pages now and I just finished the climactic chapter where all the big shit happens. It builds up a little more before I start to let everything chill out. Once I finish, I'm going to give it some time before I begin my rewrites. Hopefully, I will be doing this while I'm not working at a real job. Which I will hopefully have.



Heres to me becoming a responsibility champion.


1 comment:

Emilia Torre said...

Livin' in sin oh yeah!