Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pssst. I promised you I would do one.

SUPER AWESOME LIST COMING! ARE YOU PREPARED?




Now with no particular theme, Five items I think were awesome in 2010 (which I suppose is a theme).

1. Emmy Torre
How could this not be my top one? You'd think that you as a reader could figure this out but I understand if you thought my list might be more focused. Regardless, number one is my fiancee and honestly, my better half. Next time you see her tell her (from me of course) that her booty is looking fly.




2.
Mass Effect 2
Good game. I'll be honest when I say the first one didn't blow me away when I first played it. The second one did draw me in more. Combined they made me a fan. The gameplay was crisp and clear like a freshly opened can of 7-up. The changes made were refreshing and help make a genre sometimes stale exciting. Perfect game? Nope. But close enough to make the list.



Halo Reach.
Now I couldn't very well pick one over the other. Anyone who knows me, knows that I adore the Halo universe. Reach isn't my favorite in the series. The plot was great; multiplayer was epic. Where does it fall short? No where honestly, I just didn't fall in love with it like some of the others. I blame Kat --she was mean-- honestly. Perfect game? Nope. Close enough to make the list still.



3. Inception

Movie that I actually looked forward to buying. Last time that happened, it was 2003 and it was the Lizzie McGuire Movie. I'm not kidding. I owned that shit. Not shit like poo but shit like damn that is good stuff. Anyways back to Inception; Interesting plot, characters you can relate to and a nice dose of action and suspense. All the actors were perfectly picked and made the story even better. For those interested in my take on the ending, I don't care if it falls or not, he's happy and ultimately that is what matters.



4. Star Wars Fatal Alliance
Huh? Well I'm mixing the list up which means there needs to be a book. I read it twice so I'm going to say by that it was my favorite. Honestly, didn't do as much reading as I'd like to have done but 2011 is a new year. Back to the topic on hand, Star Wars: Fatal Alliance. I like Star Wars. This book focuses on the Old Republic which is more interesting than anything that happens post Episode VI. New characters and an interesting plot. Still, we're talking about a Star Wars book here so don't expect high brow stuff in the pages, but expect a good fun read if you like Star Wars.



5. Year's Playlist (Songs I listened to a lot, not necessary created in 2010)
  1. Bombay Bicycle Club "Always Like This"
  2. Muse "Neutron Star Collision"
  3. Clash at the Demonhead "Black Sheep"
  4. B.O.B "Airplanes"
  5. Justin Bieber "Baby"
  6. Rocky Volato "Suicide Medicine"
  7. Mumm Ra "These Things Move in Threes"
  8. Josh Rouse "Dressed up like Nebraska"
  9. Josh Ritter "Snow is Gone (Live)"
  10. Jaguar Love "Highways of Gold"
  11. Frank Turner "Reasons not to be an Idiot"
  12. Murder City Devils "Johnny Thunder"
  13. Florence + the Machines "Dogs Days are Over"
  14. Eisley "Ten Cent Blues"
  15. Augustana "Boston"
  16. Blood Red Shoes "Getting Boring by the Sea"
  17. Jets to Brazil "Crown of the Valley"
  18. Jimmy Eats World "Coffee and Cigarettes"
  19. Los Campesinos "Death to Los Campesinos"
  20. Metric "Eclipse (All Yours)"
  21. Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man"
  22. Regina Spektor "Us"
  23. Bill Medly and Jennifer Warnes "I Had the Time of My Life"
  24. Lionel Richie "Hello" 
  25. Dolly Parton "Jolene" 
That is my list. Expecting different? Tough luck. This is what you get. You can if you really want check each on of the items out and even make the playlist yourself. Is it a bit eccentric? Yeah but so are my tastes. 

May the Force be with you.


No comments: