Thursday, October 27, 2011

I had a better title, but I'm saving it for later

For my 12 wonderful followers, I am truly sorry. I never meant to abandon you in this wasteland of the Internet. Rejoice! For awesome tidings do I bring. I am back. Recently, I moved from Logan, UT to Washington, DC. Life here is epic. Emmy and I are happy to finally be living together in out little apartment with a crazy cat.

Emmy's job has become hectic with encroaching election. Once it is over I think she'll be able to relax more. With her commute a third of what it used to be, she is a lot more happier. She recently has taken up reading a new book, A Shore Thing. We have some plans to go see Breaking Dawn with our friends from Greensboro. We were worried about living together but everything has been working out amazingly!


At the moment, I am job hunting which needless to say, isn't fun. I do have one that I'm keeping a close eye on: Bethesda Game Studios-- Quest Designer . To me this would be a dream come true. Since I started playing D&D a long time ago, I fell in love with creating quests. Watching your friends and family walk into a trap you set, it is priceless. More priceless, however, is watching the same group escape the trap through some means you failed to conceive of. You mark it down as next time I will have to plan for something like that.



Watch the first ten seconds.



In the land of my novel, I am nearing the end of first draft. Is it cool? Yes, definitely. Am i excited? Sort of. Writing a novel for the first time is a harrowing experience that no one except crazy bored people should try. It is still a fun and educational experiment to perform. I can say for sure that my writing has improved immensely since the beginning over one and a half years ago.

Next after finishing the first draft comes the revising. Already, I know which items I need to improve upon. Some ideas are going to change. More thematic elements will be introduced. Names will be sundered and replaced. Dialogue shall become more natural. Grammar shall be corrected! Overall, it will make it a tighter read.


No comments: